- Finding your Local Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Republican Objects to the one week unemployment benefits extension
- KY benefits Extension Tier 3
- KY Unemployment Extension 2009
- Kentucky Job Outlook
- Kentucky Unemployment Insurance
- Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Unemployment benefits
- Government Sites to seek Employment Kentucky
- Kentucky OET Web Site Services
- Email from Ashwani Jain: I'm a cancer survivor
- Precision Medicine Initiative and Data Security
- President Obama Is Returning to Elkhart
- Mentor-in-Chief or, "You Really Can Make a Difference"
- Weekly Address: Expanding Overtime Pay
- West Wing Week: 05/20/16 or, "Miss Manners for Vikings"
- "We Have a Narrow Window of Opportunity"
- Attention Kid Scientists! – The President Wants Your Ideas on Science and Technology
- Middle Class Work Deserves Middle Class Wages
- Email from Vice President Joe Biden: Why I'm Going to Ohio Today
The state of Kentucky is now accepting claims for the latest Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) extension that President Obama signedÂ into law on Nov. 6 2009.Eligible claimants may now file online at http://www.oet.ky.gov and should start receiving checks for these benefits within two weeks. The unemployed who are currently drawing benefits that will exhaust on or prior to Dec. 26, will be automatically enrolled in this latest Unemployment extension.
This latest Unemployment extension provides up to 14 additional weeks of federally funded compensation to Kentuckyâ€™s unemployed workers who have exhausted their 26 weeks of state benefits and all federally funded benefits provided through all the previous the emergency extensions.
“This latest extension has the potential of assisting more than 32,000 Kentuckians who are struggling to provide for their families,” said Gov. Beshear. “This additional compensation will help them endure these challenging times as we all work together to put Kentuckians back to work.”
The nearly 10,000 Kentuckians who have already exhausted all 79 weeks of UI benefits may be eligible for payments retroactive to Nov. 8. A link will be made available within the online claims application by Dec 10, 2009 to allow requests of eligible weeks retroactive to that time. Claimants should wait two business days after filing to request payments for prior weeks on the oet.ky.gov Web site.