- Finding your Local Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Republican Objects to the one week unemployment benefits extension
- KY benefits Extension Tier 3
- KY Unemployment Extension 2009
- Kentucky Job Outlook
- Kentucky Unemployment Insurance
- Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Unemployment benefits
- Government Sites to seek Employment Kentucky
- Kentucky OET Web Site Services
- Weekly Address: The Honor of Serving You as President
- A Framework for FinTech
- President Obama Narrates "The People’s House," a Virtual Reality Tour of the White House
- Healthy Campuses Help Students #GetCovered
- Climate Change is Costly; Serious Climate Policy is a Bargain
- Vice President Biden: Chicago, One Last Time
- New Study Helps Map Out Road Ahead for U.S. Electricity System
- In Review: Why President Obama Reformed Wall Street and What Reform has Accomplished
- First Lady Michelle Obama: Tomorrow Night in Chicago
- Weekly Address: President Obama’s Farewell Address to the Nation
The state of Kentucky is now accepting claims for the latest Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) extension that President Obama signedÂ into law on Nov. 6 2009.Eligible claimants may now file online at http://www.oet.ky.gov and should start receiving checks for these benefits within two weeks. The unemployed who are currently drawing benefits that will exhaust on or prior to Dec. 26, will be automatically enrolled in this latest Unemployment extension.
This latest Unemployment extension provides up to 14 additional weeks of federally funded compensation to Kentuckyâ€™s unemployed workers who have exhausted their 26 weeks of state benefits and all federally funded benefits provided through all the previous the emergency extensions.
“This latest extension has the potential of assisting more than 32,000 Kentuckians who are struggling to provide for their families,” said Gov. Beshear. “This additional compensation will help them endure these challenging times as we all work together to put Kentuckians back to work.”
The nearly 10,000 Kentuckians who have already exhausted all 79 weeks of UI benefits may be eligible for payments retroactive to Nov. 8. A link will be made available within the online claims application by Dec 10, 2009 to allow requests of eligible weeks retroactive to that time. Claimants should wait two business days after filing to request payments for prior weeks on the oet.ky.gov Web site.