- Finding your Local Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Republican Objects to the one week unemployment benefits extension
- KY benefits Extension Tier 3
- KY Unemployment Extension 2009
- Kentucky Job Outlook
- Kentucky Unemployment Insurance
- Kentucky Unemployment Office
- Kentucky Unemployment benefits
- Government Sites to seek Employment Kentucky
- Kentucky OET Web Site Services
- Remarks by Vice President Joe Biden at a Bilateral Meeting with Chilean President Sebastián Piñera
- FACT SHEET: The United States and Chile
- Readout of the President’s Call with President Xi of China
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Caitlin Hayden on Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco’s Travel to Turkey, Yemen and Saudi Arabia
- Statement by the Press Secretary on the Visit of Prime Minister Yatsenyuk of Ukraine
- Readout of National Security Advisor Susan E. Rice’s Travel to the United Arab Emirates and Djibouti
- Readout of the President’s Calls with President Berzins of Latvia, Prime Minister Cameron of the United Kingdom, President Grybauskaite of Lithuania, President Hollande of France, President Ilves of Estonia, and Prime Minister Renzi of Italy
- Weekly Address: Time for Congress to Raise the Minimum Wage for the American People
- Readout of the President’s Call with Chancellor Merkel of Germany
- President Obama to Host NCAA Champion Student Athletes at the White House
How Do I file for unemployment in Kentucky
The jobless rate in Kentucky presently is about 9.2 percent, which means that it it sits above the national average, meaning that filing for unemployment compensation in the Kentucky area can be lengthy if you do so in person at an employment center. The Kentucky Unemployment office can help by providing a means of income when your employment status has been interrupted.
It is important to file your claim as soon as you are permitted by your state, since in most states, unemployment compensation begins the day you file, NOT the day you are released from work, so your finances may be interrupted if you do not file as soon as you are allowed to do so. Unemployment is also not retroactive to your last date of work in many states.
When filing for regular unemployment compensation insurance in the state of Kentucky, you can, and should file for those benefit checks using the internet, which site is located at :
Filing at the Kentucky Unemployment Office web site will greatly speed the process of filing a claim in Kentucky and may prevent you from actually losing out on some weeks of unemployment compensation that you might have claimed.
Since the web site and the phone lines are busy in Kentucky currently, there are specific hours you may file, even when using the automated online system.
The specific rules for filing, which come to you directly from the Kentucky OET web site are as follows:
If you are FILING A CLAIM or REQUESTING BENEFITS, either on the Internet or using the phone system, please note you can do so based upon the last digit of your Social Security Number. Below is the schedule you should follow, directly from the Kentucky Unemployment Web Site text. Due to an increase in the number of unemployment compensation filings, the following schedule will hold true.
If the last number of your Social Security Number is:
- 0, 1, you can file your claim or request benefits on Monday
- 2, 3, 4, 5 you can file your claim or request benefits on Tuesday
- 6, 7, 8, 9 you can file your claim or request benefits on Wednesday
Hours for requesting benefits are Sunday 10am-9pm and Monday-Friday 7am-7pm.
If you are filing an Extended Unemployment claim, please use the extended unemployment benefits website.
If you are requesting Extended Unemployment benefit checks, please do so by calling 866-291-2926.
If you are requesting your benefit check you may do so anytime during the week you were instructed to Sunday-Friday.
Filing for unemployment in Kentucky has never been easier than now, with the wonderful web site services and the electronic filing available to us. If nothing else we can at least be grateful for the speed with which we can complete our claims business.